Saturday, April 21, 2012

20 Mile Saunter on Suwanee Greenway


This was actually plan "B" for today but it turned out to be a great walk.  Plan "A" was to meet up with the hiking group and do a section of the Appalachian Trail.  However, 60% chance of thunderstorms up in the mountains convinced us not to head up to the AT for today's hike.  So we will have to do that section another time.


I needed to get some miles in for a final prep for the 32 mile event coming up next month and I wanted to try out my new hydration pack, so 20 on the Suwanee Greeway fit perfect.  It was out & back with a bit of doing parts multiple times.


The sun was in and out during the entire 20 miles.  However, the one thing that stood out more than anything else today was GREEN!




It's been about a month since I was on the Greenway last and what an amazing difference with everything in bloom.   One of the things that I like about this greenway,  the surface is constantly changing:










Really like how this greenway goes under two main roads






GREEN, I suppose that is why they call it a greenway : )



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I was amazed how green it was out there - that alone made it a good walk.

      Delete
  2. It really is wonderfully green, especially the first photo says it all. Can't wait for the green colour to appear in our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pic is my favorite of the lot - I was lucky to have the sun shining down the way it was when I walked by.

      Delete