Saturday, June 9, 2012

Daniel's Muddy Buddy

Okay, I had no desire to do the Muddy Buddy.  For those who are not familiar, the Muddy Buddy (race) is more of an obstacle course with the final obstacle being a mud pit.  It was 3.43 miles long with 12 obstacles.  A lot of people like doing these, I am just not one of them : )  However, my son Daniel does like doing these obstacle course races and for that reason, I volunteered to help out with the Muddy Buddy race this morning.  


Besides helping out this morning my only other goal was to get some pictures of Daniel and his friends, covered in mud.  Luckily, and this really was luck, I just happened to be by the mud pit when Dan's friends Brad & Jessica were in it.   Daniel and Raney were only about a minute behind them so I was able to gets some pics when they all came out of the mud pit.


Daniel, Raney, Jessica, Brad
Daniel & Raney


This was fun for me, to be there to take pics - still have no desire to do this though.  I'm glad I finally got to one of Dan's events.  It's been a few years since I'd seen him compete in anything, but this did bring back memories of travelling all over the southeast/northeast while he was playing minor league baseball in the Houston Astros organization - those were fun times.


Dan pitching against the Rome Braves
He cleans up pretty good : )  I'll have to ask him which he likes better...


No comments:

Post a Comment