Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Missed Walk last night for All-Star Game

I figured I'd watch  a few innings, go for a walk and then catch the end of the 2012 MLB All-Star game.  Good plan - but it did not happen.  I just got too interested in the game especially after an NL lead 5-0 against Jason Verlander in the 1st inning.  Nobody saw that coming...

Wanted to see 40 year old Chipper Jones get in the game, 19 year MLB career, all with the Braves, unheard of these days.

Wanted to see the 19 & 20 year old phenoms get in the game - Bryce Harper & Mike Trout.  Chipper Jones has been in the Majors as long as Bryce Harper has been alive.

Wanted to see R.A. Dickey throw that incredible knuckle ball, (neat NPR piece on him), guy does not have a UCL (a ligament in this throwing arm) - lost 90% of his MLB signing bonus from the Texas Rangers because he was "damaged goods".

Wanted to see Jose Altuve, 5'5" 2B for Houston Astros get in the game.  Altuve was my son's teammate on the Greeneville Astros & Tri-City ValleyCats in 2009.  It was great to see him on the roster.





Jose and Dan in the dugout right after Dan's MILB pitching debut in Greeneville TN in the Appalachian League.


The National League won 8-0.  However, I missed the one at-bat that I really wanted to see - Altuve - the power went out for one second which caused my AT&T U-verse box to reboot which took longer than the at-bat.

Some days I miss just having to adjust the antenna to get a better signal...








1 comment:

  1. Baseball, greatest game. I played other sports competively, but baseball it still gets me.

    ReplyDelete