Sunday, February 17, 2013

Planet of the Apes Marathon

You know, I did get a flu shot, but flu like symptoms hit and I've been on the couch for days  :(  Needless to say - no walks, jogs, hikes, nothing since Wednesday but lots of TV & movies.  


Watched the Planet of the Apes Marathon (Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, and Escape from the Planet of the Apes) yesterday on TV and that was only because there were no more season three episodes for Downton Abbey (which I only started watching a few days ago on the iPad).  


When getting sick, the mental debate always comes up - should I still go out and get the miles in?  Each sickness is different but with this one, there was no debate!  There was no way I could get my body out there and even get one mile in, no way.  However, on the mend now, anxious to get back out there and get some miles in.


I did enjoy watching these though...


Planet of the Apes movies -  I have not seen any of these movies since they originally came out in the late 60s.  There was a whole lot more to these movies than I remembered and I'm sure the deeper messages in the movies were totally missed by me as a teenager.  Glad I got to see these again.




Downton Abbey - Guess I'm hooked on it now!  Not only am I looking forward to seeing episode seven tonight, but since I started with season three via PBS iPad app, missing out on seasons one & two, downloaded the first two seasons to the iPad.  So hopefully I will be able to watch those to help fill in the blanks.


In hindsight I'm pleased that I did not sign up for the "Run the Reagan" half marathon as it was yesterday.  That would have been money wasted, would have missed it.  I had been contemplating it for the last month or so.


5 comments:

  1. Those are fun movies. The new "Apes" movie with James Franco wasn't too bad also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, they were fun to watch again, so many scenes I'd forgotten about!

      Delete
  2. When I first read the title of your post, I thought it was an actual "P of the A"-themed marathon that you were walking in, LOL! I had already envisioned a costume....
    Hope you're feeling better soon, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be an interesting marathon!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm - we might have something there!

    ReplyDelete