Wednesday, July 3, 2013

19 Weeks to Chickamauga

So in about 19 weeks I'll be doing the Chickamauga Marathon.  I paid for it, which actually I think is part of the psychology of doing these things - signing up far in advance.  You know the old, sure seemed like a good idea at the time.  I could back out of it, just not do it, not show up,...  But since I laid my money down, I will do it.  I'm not going to throw the money away.

For various reasons, it was just difficult to do what I had planned last week in preparing for Chickamauga.  The worse was Saturday morning, I was up early, which is normal, looking at the schedule - it called for a 14 mile walk.  I did not want to do that - just didn't feel like doing it.  So in my brain, it was sort of like a ping pong ball going back and forth from don't do it to do it.   The do it won probably because I paid for it : )

Sometimes it just comes down to doing it the Nike way...



Their slogan is actually pretty good.  Hey that reminds me, it's almost time for a new pair of running shoes.  I usually buy Brooks (Ghost), maybe I'll try Nike this time.

So far this week, motivation has been better.  




No comments:

Post a Comment