Sunday, July 14, 2013

MOOC Starts Tomorrow, Join Me

Even though I am huge believer that TANSTAAFL (there ain't no such thing as a free lunch) is alive and well, the better part of six decades on the planet will do that to you, maybe it's not totally true.  Tomorrow is the first day of the MOOC I recently signed up for: Nutrition and Physical Activity for Health, and it's free!


I think it is common knowledge that we should eat better and exercise, but I also think that it is easier said than done.  I want to know more.  Their course description "This course will provide a coherent, understandable look at the evidence on how nutrition and physical activity impact health through lower morbidity, longevity, and quality of life" was what convinced me to sign up.


The course is provided by The University of Pittsburgh via Coursera, requires 3-5 hours per week, and is 6 weeks long.  If you are interested in the subject matter, join me.  You can learn more about the the course, see the syllabus, and watch a 3 minute video by one of the professors by clicking here.

Does this mean I have to root for Pitt over Georgia Tech on 11/2/2013???


No comments:

Post a Comment