Saturday, March 24, 2018

2018 Georgia Half Marathon (Race Recap)


For number 73, did the 2018 Georgia Half Marathon.  It's been two years since I did a half - after doing this one, I remember why it's been so long.  They're hard.


I've been battling a knee problem for a few years now and even a few days before this race, I was still on the fence for switching to the 5K instead.  Two things helped me decide on doing the half:  a new knee brace and an absolute promise to myself that I would do no running during this race.


For once, I was true on the promise - I did no running in the race.  It worked.  The knee did not bother me outside of the 'normal' pain of doing these distance races.  The new knee brace was great! I was very pleased with it.


The best part about the race, pretzels and ice cold chocolate milk at the finish line:




Typically do not snack on these two things together, but after the race, the combination of the salty, sweet, and cold, really hit the spot!


 It was so good!!! 


Time: 3:01:33
Minutes/mile: 13:52





No comments:

Post a Comment