Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Lovely Rita, Meter Maid

 

As a volunteer gig I get to be a gallery interpreter in an aquarium. We recently got a new octopus, Rita.









She's almost a year old. For the first few weeks she hid most of the time. When guests asked where the octopus was, had to point to where she was hiding. The trainers told me her hiding places. This week was different though. Rita must be getting more comfortable with her new home - she was out and about for my entire shift.









She's even socializing a bit with some of the sea stars. Not really sure who was checking out who though. What's interesting, and this happens pretty consistently, when I tell guests that her name is Rita, if one of them is from the generation I'm from, inevitably they say, "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment